Our uniform helps nurture the sense of belonging that is at the core of life at Taranaki Dio.
Click above for pdf of our new uniform.
• Girls are expected to self-manage their uniform, wearing it with pride and caring for it by keeping it clean, ironed and in good repair.
• Blazers or shirts / tunics must be worn as the outer garment to and from school and downtown.
• Uniform must be of the correct length.
• “Mufti” occasions include mufti days, sports days, school socials and Christmas Dinner.
• Offending items such as non-regulation jewellery will be confiscated.
• No makeup or nail polish is to be worn.
• The jersey may not be worn as the outer garment in public.
• Hair must be tied back with blue, maroon or deep red elastic ties and/or ribbons when on the collar or longer. No ‘extreme’ styles. Hair bands or clips may be worn in blue, tortoiseshell, brown or black to keep hair off the face. No sparkly bands or fashion ‘fake’ hairpieces. Year 13 students may wear their hair out as long as it is clean and off the face. For hygiene reasons it must be tied up in the dining room.
• Hair colour must be within each girl’s natural hair colour range.
• Undergarments under white blouses must be white, cream, or skin coloured.
• Any jewellery items of spiritual significance. (Please see Jewellery section in the school handbook).
• One small ear ‘stud’ may be worn in each ear lobe in silver, gold, pearl or garnet. No necklaces, rings or bracelets. No jewellery is to be worn with the sports uniform.
Uniform items are available by appointment with Mrs Devlin in the Uniform Office and are paid for at time of purchase.